MamMa mia here we go again - Looks like the cast had fun making this

Musical sequel.

This is definitely a chick flick demonstrated by the fact that I was one of only 4 blokes out of a packed theatre. The plot structure, with frequent flash-back sequences were interesting. The musical numbers were almost mostly 'B' sides, you probably need to be an ardent fan to recognise the tacks they used. I suspect almost all the 'hits' were used in the first film.

The problem that I have with this film is that the young girl protagonist sleeps with all the 3 possible fathers in the space of a week (ish). Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I feel this sends out the wrong message!

The cinema was nice and cool so I we were able to escape the recently sun and heat. This does not compare favorably with 'La La Land', and certainly not 'The Greatest Showman'.

5/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legend – a paranoid schizophrenic walks into a bar!

THOR Ragnarok – the best of the 3 standalone's (may contain spoilers)

Hereditary - tragic family drama