Trolls Film Review - Colourful Animated 'Mess'

This is a Dream-works colourful animated film, a musical based on a small plastic toy with 'wild' hair. Basically the characters are either happy Trolls or miserable Bergans. The Bergans eat Trolls in order to feel happy because Trolls are always happy (is this like a drug?).

I knew nothing in advance about this film, but my wife wanted to watch. I think a 6 year old (especially a girl) would love this film, though I'm not completely sure it would hold their attention throughout.

I fell asleep briefly half way.
I am definitely not the target audience for this film, but I suspected that might be the case.

I saw the film approx. 8 hours ago and now I can hardly remember anything besides some enjoyable musical scenes, especially good cover versions of 'True Colours' and 'Sound of Silence'.

Some tongue in cheek gags for mums and dads to appreciate, maybe a few more would have been good. Trolls may not be terrible but it's just a jumbled 'mess' that hardly made any sense whatsoever.

4/10.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legend – a paranoid schizophrenic walks into a bar!

THOR Ragnarok – the best of the 3 standalone's (may contain spoilers)

Hereditary - tragic family drama