Fantastic Beasts and where to Find Them - Stupid Beasts and Where to Avoid Them!

To start with I'm a Harry Potter fan and have seen all the films, however, I deliberately made sure that I knew pretty much nothing about this film, besides the fact that it has nods to Harry Potter, and don't tell me this is not related to Harry Potter as the film starts with the distinctive Harry Potter theme music so the connection cannot be dismissed.

But Harry Potter this is DEFINITELY NOT!

Set in New York in the 1920's with Pokémon-like "beasts" and an awkward English character called Newt.

I'm sorry to say that I couldn't understand the plot … I kept thinking
"why is this happening?", and
"I can't believe that just happened!", and
"Where is this leading?" and
"I'm not invested in that character or that character".

Less than 24 hours after seeing this and I'm struggling to remember anything except for the weird mating dance that Newt has with a massive beast, I imagine this was his attempt to entice this beast into his suitcase. But it's just weird and totally unnecessary.

I saw this in 2D as 3D wasn't an option my night, but there is no benefit in investing in the 3D uplift due to the very dark scenery.

I'm afraid this film is no more than J.K Rowling hype (sorry)

4/10.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legend – a paranoid schizophrenic walks into a bar!

THOR Ragnarok – the best of the 3 standalone's (may contain spoilers)

Hereditary - tragic family drama